One of the things that I like best about Membership Rewards is the ability to maximize your earnings with transfer bonuses.
Over the last few months, my wife and I have been racking up Membership Rewards because there have been some good sign up bonuses. I hope you have been too since I’ve been posting about these offers. :)
- The Mrs. – The Platinum Card® from American Express 100,000 mile offer after spending $2,500 dollars in the first three months. This expired offer was blogged about here.
- Craig – American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card 50,000 Membership Rewards points afters spending $1,000 in the first three months. I think this offer is also expired. Original details here.
- Craig – The Business Gold Rewards Card® from American Express OPEN 50,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $5,000 in the first three months. An ongoing limited time offer blogged about here. I actually just signed up for and was approved for this card today.
As such, my interest is clearly focused on deciding how to maximize American Express Membership Rewards.
British Airways Avios 35% transfer bonus through June 7th, 2013
How good is the British Airways Avios 35% American Express Rewards transfer bonus?
The Points Guy put together a very helpful list of all the Membership Rewards transfer bonuses since 2010.
Here’s a quick look at the bonuses offered (from most recent to oldest):
Is this transfer bonus a good deal for you?
- Intra- Australia from 9,000 Avios RT economy class (e.g. Brisbane to Sydney)
- Short hop domestic US/Canada from 9,000 Avios RT economy class (e.g. Denver to Dallas, Toronto to New York)
- Boston to Dublin, Ireland from 25,000 RT economy or 50,000 RT in business class
- Los Angeles to Hawaii from 25,000 RT economy class.