Get 40,000 Ultimate Rewards points with the Chase Sapphire Preferred card.
Chase Sapphire Preferred 40,000 Ultimate Rewards
Chase Sapphire Preferred Bonus Details
- Sign up and get approved for the Sapphire Preferred card.
- Spend $3,000 in 3 months.
- Get 40,000 Ultimate Rewards points.
Note: The first year annual fee for this card is waived (that’s a $95 savings).
- No foreign currency exchange fee
- Earn 2 points per dollar spent on travel – airlines, vehicle rentals, taxis, lodging, railways, travel agencies, bus, parking lots, tolls, and time shares.
- Earn 2 points per dollar spent on dining
- Earn 1 point per dollar on everything else
- Earn a 7% points bonus each calendar year
What can you do with 40,000 Ultimate Rewards points?
- Use it to buy travel through the Ultimate Rewards portal. By doing this you get a 20% bonus so your sign up bonus points are worth $500 worth of travel.
- Transfer points (1:1) to select airlines including United, British Airways, Southwest, and Korean Airlines.
- Transfer points (1:1) to select hotel reward programs including Hyatt, Priority Club, and Marriott.
- Transfer points to Amtrak.
Key Benefits of Ultimate Rewards
- Flexibility. These points can be used to book travel or even just to buy gift cards. They can even be transferred to Amtrak, British Airways, Continental, United, Southwest, Priority Club hotels, Hyatt, and Marriott.
- They never expire (though you must remain a card member).
- You get a 20% discount when you buy travel online. Thus, your 40,000 points can get you $500 worth of travel.
- Annual 7% points dividend.
- No foreign currency exchange fee.
If you’re concerned about the minimum spend requirement then I suggest you review 10 Ways to Reach a Credit Card Minimum Spend Requirement.
My suggestion is to get the card, and then you can cancel it before you get charged the annual fee for the second year (if you’ve used the points). Never done a credit card churn before? Read Newbie FAQs About Credit Card Churning and Sign Up Bonuses.
This is a seriously sweet deal, and I’m not sure how long it’s going to be available. So get it as soon as you can.
Sign up for the Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card now.
If you’re not sure if this is the right move for you, check out my free credit card consultation where I’ll help you be sure you’re earning the right type of points for an upcoming vacation.